Saturday, July 21, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• John Boyett talks about summer workouts and getting ready for fall camp. Video courtesy of KVAL.
• Rob Moseley reports former UO receiver Justin Hoffman will remain with the Ducks as an undergraduate assistant coach this fall, the Ducks announced today, continuing in a role he filled during spring drills.
• De'Anthony Thomas was named to the Walter Camp Award watch list yesterday. The award is given annually to the best player in college football.
• Ted Miller previews the punters across the Pac-12 while Steve Summers previews the Oregon defensive line.
Miller: Oregon-Great Shape: Jackson Rice was a finalist for the Ray Guy Award. The Ducks were No. 1 in the nation in net punting last year. Really not much else to say.
Summers: The Oregon defensive line is becoming one of the strengths of the team by bringing back three returning starters and adding some of the best recruits ever to come to Oregon.
• Josh White @FishDuck.com looks back at one of the great wins in Autzen history, 2009 Cal vs Oregon matchup
The Autzen crowd on that sunny September 26th gameday was basking in both sun and nervous anticipation entering Pac-10 play.Oregon came out wearing a green and yellow “throwback” uniform combination that had not been seen since the 1998 season, the look a welcome change from the variety of modern looks, and fans hoped the Ducks could channel even a shred of the offensive prowess displayed by the 1998 Ducks. After three close games to start the season, Duck fans were longing for a decisive win, and #6 Cal was thought to be the biggest test on the schedule to that point.
The Autzen faithful would experience a day not to be forgotten.
I remember that game very well and it still remains as one of my best Oregon memories.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:05 AM