Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Charles @FishDuck.com shares his inaugural defensive analysis video where he breaks down Oregon's defense.
• Steve Summers previews the Oregon quarterback position.
Oregon fans were shocked when last year's starting quarterback Darron Thomas opted to pursue the NFL. The loss was mitigated because Bryan Bennett showed he could win. Last spring, that shock was abated when Marcus Mariota broke off a long touchdown run in the spring game. Now the question is, who will be the new Duck signal caller, Mariota or Bennett?
• Aaron Fentress notes Michael Clay, Dion Jordan and Carson York were named to Lombardi Award watch list.
• Ted Miller believes Oregon is in great shape as he reveiws the defensive tackles in the Pac-12.
The Ducks' top four are back from last season, though the underrated Taylor Hart is as much a defensive end in a 3-4 look as a defensive tackle. Wade Keliikipi and Ricky Heimuli give the Ducks two 300-plus pounders inside.
• Brandon P. Oliver wonders if there will be a drop off at running back this year?
Injuries aside, there is no reason to see the Ducks' run at the top of the rushing charts to come to an end any time soon. While the depth may not be what it has been in recent years, there isn't a drop off in talent.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:49 AM