Sunday, July 08, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• On a slow news day I offer you my Josh Huff highlight video from the 2011 season. Here's hoping Huff has standout year in 2012.
• Former Oregon QB Dennis Dixon has a Q&A with Daniel Mediate of the Oregonian.
• Bob Rickert likes a highlight reel showing the best plays from the last decade.
• Steve Maher @FishDuck.com shares his thoughts on Phil Steele's 2012 College Preview publication.
• Brandon P. Oliver believes at Oregon size matters.(Insider article)
Chip Kelly hasn't been shy about admitting the disadvantage his teams were faced with. The often brash head coach did something a lot of high-profile coaches wouldn't do. He admitted that his system might not always work against the mighty SEC without the proper personnel.
One way to gauge Kelly's shift in philosophy is by looking at the defensive linemen the Ducks brought in this past recruiting cycle: 6-foot-8, 297-pound Arik Armstead; 6-foot-7, 240-pound DeForest Buckner; 6-foot-4, 260-pound Alex Balducci; 6-foot-6, 230-pound Cody Carriger and 6-foot-7, 275-pound Stetson Bair.
After years of having smaller and quicker defensive linemen, the Ducks look to be building a front wall that can match the size and power of the NFL lineman factories in the Southeast.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:16 AM