Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud



Chip Kelly (:14 to :43) talks about the new playoff system in this video from ESPN.

Is Oregon's rise to national prominence due to the influence of Nike? Personally, I think there are a lot of factors other than just Uncle Phil but it sure doesn't hurt.

The Nike connection and the trendsetting have played a major factor in the Ducks rise to the top of the college football world. While it is impossible to measure, it is clearly one of the main factors that has prospects out of football hotbeds like Texas, Georgia and Florida taking a serious look at the Ducks.


 Ted Miller continues positional reviews in the Pac-12 with a look at the receivers where you will find Oregon in the "good shape" category.

Neither De'Anthony Thomas nor Josh Huff are "pure" receivers, but they are dynamic athletes that any team would want. Rahsaan Vaughn should take another step forward, as should Daryle Hawkins. Of the three redshirt freshmen, B.J. Kelly seems to have advanced the most compared to the more touted Devon Blackmon and Tacoi Sumler. Keanon Lowe could get into the mix, and hopes are high for incoming freshman Bralon Addison.

• Recent Oregon commit, TE John Mundt, possesses a throwback work ethic according to this ESPN Insider article. (subscription required) If you don't have an ESPN subscription this was Mundt's comment that caught my attention:

"Oregon has a great history at tight end and has some incredible talent there right now,” Mundt said. “I know that I'm going to be at the bottom of the totem pole the minute I arrive in Eugene. I actually like it that way. Nothing is given to you in this world. You have to earn it.” 


"I went to the bottom of the totem pole once before. I learned a lot about myself and grew up a lot while making the transition. Going from a high school in Modesto to the Pac-12 champions is a bigger jump than Hughson to Central Catholic was, but that just makes me excited about how hard I am going to have to work to accomplish what I want."

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

DDubbs76 said...

We seriously need some receivers to step-up...it's our main weakness, in my opinion. Word.