Saturday, June 09, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Goducksdotcom has a pretty sweet compilation of highlights from last year posted for your viewing pleasure.
• Kevin Gemmell tries to predict who will make the 1,000 yard receiving club next year in the Pac-12 and mentions De'Anthony Thomas for Oregon.
Whether De'Anthony Thomas reaches 1,000-1,000 is a debate for another day. But I like his chances of 1,000 yards receiving. He caught 46 balls for 605 yards and nine touchdowns last season. Coach Chip Kelly finds creative ways to get Thomas the ball in space and then he just takes off. He'll make the new quarterback look good and suck up receiving yards in the process. My crisp $1 bill says yes to 1K.
• Chip Kelly gets a little revenge as he will pick out Casey Martin's wardrobe next week as Martin takes his shot in the U.S. Open being held at The Olympic Club in San Francisco.
• The 1954 Duck baseball team recently met to reminisce about their improbable run to the College World Series. So far, it has been the only time an Oregon team made it to the big show.
• Aaron Fentress reminds us that Oregon is only two wins away from making it to this years College World Series. One player sounds like he doesn't need any reminders.
Catcher Brett Hambright said that as a child he fantasized more about playing in the College World Series than he did the MLB's World Series.
“Knowing that were only two games away is something surreal to me,” he said. “Even though it’s so close, there’s still a lot of work to do.”
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:29 AM