• Charles Fisher @FishDuck.com talks X's and O's in part two of how Chip Kelly game plans. Good stuff.
• Kevin Gemmell checked in with Athlon Sorts as they asked which is the bigger loss, LaMichael James or Darron Thomas? Consensus was DT. As one writer said:
While the quarterback position hasn't been difficult to fill for Chip Kelly, either, replacing Thomas will most assuredly be more complicated. First, Barner and Thomas have loads of experience and talent, while Thomas replacements Bryan Bennett and Marcus Mariota have a combined one career start and 46 career pass attempts (all from Bennett).
• Kevin also has a Pac-12 recruiting roundup.
• It's official. Oregon will host a Super Regional series beginning Saturday as they take on Kent St. at 8pm. The game will be televised on ESPNU HD.
• Oregon men's golf coach Casey Martin won his way into the U.S. Open by winning a qualifying event at Emerald Valley Golf Club yesterday.
• Jon Wilner lays out Pac-12 revenue last year.
• Rob Moseley believes former Oregon TE Justin Wilcox will do just fine in his new gig as a co-host for a sports talk show on 1080-AM in Portland.
Wilcox is co-hosting a three-hour show that starts at noon. Besides being a clutch performer whose touchdown against Arizona in 1994 and Rose Bowl performance later that season are prominent moments in UO football history, Wilcox has a ton of personality, and no doubt this new venture will be entertaining.