Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Oregonsportsnet shares their video of the baseball team at the "watch party" and their reactions to earning the #5 National seed during the NCAA Baseball Selection Show.
• Jeffrey Martin reports on the essential facts you might like to know about the teams involved in the Eugene Regional baseball tournament.
• From GoDucks.com: Oregon senior right-hander Alex Keudell was announced as one of the 30 semifinalists for the 2012 USA Golden Spikes Award on Tuesday. This marks the 35th consecutive year that the award has been presented to the nation’s top amateur baseball player.
Beginning today, fans will be able to vote on the 2012 GSA by visiting GoldenSpikesAward.com and selecting their favorite amateur player. Fan voting will continue until 2 p.m. (PT), Friday.
• Mark Flores @FishDuck.com has your weekly recruiting update.
• Hronnis Grasu was selected to the 2012 Rimington Trophy watch list that is given annually to the top center in the nation.
• The Sporting News puts their take on the selection of De'Anthony Thomas to the Heisman Trophy early watch list.
The sophomore seal was broken by Tebow a year before Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford became the second consecutive sophomore Heisman winner. Especially with LaMichael James gone, Thomas—as a runner, receiver and return man—could blow away his freshman total of 18 touchdowns.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:03 AM