Thursday, May 24, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Ted Miller talks about Oregon football during the off season.
• Charles Fisher and Kurt Liedtke from FishDuck.com talk with (podcast) the ATQ guys, Matt Daddy and David Piper about Duck football.
• Josh Schlichter @FishDuck.com says repetition is the key to success in the Pac-12.
• Jon Wilner makes predictions about the first week of Pac-12 football in regards to how the Pac-12 Network broadcasting schedule will play out.
• From GoDuck.com: Kyle Garlick’s 18th two-out RBI of the season scored what proved to be the game-winning run in Oregon’s 2-1 come-from-behind victory over Portland at PK Park on Wednesday night.
Next up for the Ducks is the final three games series of the regular season against the beav trash with the first game set for Friday at 5:35 pm in Corvallis.
• Oregon shortstop J.J. Altobelli was named to the Brooks Wallace Shortstop of the Year Award watch list yesterday.
Altobelli, out of Newport Beach, Calif., is batting .269 with 41 runs scored and 12 RBI in 42 games. His most important contributions come on defense. The Ducks lead the Pacific-12 Conference and are ranked eighth in the country in fielding percentage (.979). Altobelli's fielding percentage is .970 with 123 assists and six errors.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:40 AM