Saturday, May 19, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Keeerrrttt1 @FishDuck.com talks Oregon athletics in his 43rd Vlog. This week the topics are:
Links (0:53), Oregon sports update (1:28), FishDuck.com update (4:26), Random Tweet of the Week (6:51), Music Recommendation of the Week: (7:09)...
• Mark Schlabach @ESPN has Oregon at #4 in his latest edition of the way-too-early top 25.
• Ted Miler and Kevin Gemmell have Oregon at #2 in the Pac-12 Power Rankings.
Marcus Mariota's spring performance made everyone forget Darron Thomas leaving early, even if it's uncertain Mariota will win the QB job over Bryan Bennett. Defense should be among the best in the conference. Ducks and Trojans meet in the Coliseum on Nov. 3. May be the national game of the year.
• Rob Moseley notes that former LB Dewitt Stuckey is holding another fundraiser in Eugene today. The proceeds (half) go towards his foundation that is in the name of a high school friend who recently passed away. Details below:
The Poker Lounge at 2043 River Road in Eugene (541-654-4193) will host a $110 buy-in, $50 re-buy tournament Saturday at 2 p.m., with half the proceeds going to Stuckey's foundation. There will also be a raffle for prizes including apparel and Duck Store items.
• Sophomore right-hander Jimmie Sherfy has accepted an invitation to play for the 2012 Collegiate National Team this summer it was announced yesterday.
• From GoDucks.com: Senior right-hander Alex Keudell set the Oregon single-season record earning his 10th victory of the year as the sixth-ranked Ducks shut out Seattle, 6-0, on Friday night at PK Park.
Oregon and Seattle will play game two of its series at 2 p.m., today at PK Park.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:17 AM