• Ted Miller notes that Phil Steele's preseason All-American team include the following:
John Boyett (defense) and De'Anthony Thomas (special teams) on the second team along with Kenjon Barner (offense) on the third team.
• Ted Miller also predicts TE Colt Lyerla could be a breakout player this year.
Lyerla should be a big weapon for whomever wins the Ducks' quarterback job. The 6-5, 238 pound sophomore should step in for the departed David Paulson and could end up as one of the Ducks' leading receivers. He caught just seven passes last year, but five went for touchdowns. He's a special athlete with a year of seasoning, which often is the foundation for a breakout.
• Josh White @FishDuck.com compares LaMichael James with the former Oregon rushing leader, Derek Loville.
• John Canzano talks (audio podcast) baseball with head coach George Horton.
• Aaron Fentress reports Oregon seeks to be a frequent visitor to the College World Series.
"If we have an opportunity to host a regional that would really introduce a different form of college baseball to our fans and to our market place," he [George Horton] said.
A trip to Omaha also couldn't hurt.
"At [Cal-State] Fullerton," Horton said, "I could look a recruit in the eye and say, 'Hey, if you come here you're going to play in the College World Series,' and it's not just talk, it's action."
The goal now is to make that a reality at Oregon.