Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Charles and Josh @FishDuck.com analyze the Spring Game and give us some insightful views.
• Ted Miller calls the Oregon vs USC game in November the biggest game of the Pac-12 season.
• Ted also has an Oregon spring wrap post and has a "what we learned" post about the Pac-12 spring practices. A quote from each below.
Wrap: Dion Jordan and Kiko Alonso are ready for their closeups: Jordan and Alonso are two of the more physically talented Ducks. Jordan, first-team All-Pac-12 in 2011, is a contender for conference Defensive Player of the Year and he could play his way into the first round of the NFL draft. While he looks skinny, he's powerful. Alonso is just a beast -- one who also happens to be a very good athlete. Coordinator Nick Aliotti said both were dominant this spring.
What we learned: There’s a 3-4 trend sweeping the conference, and with notable playmakers like Star Lotulelei (Utah), John Boyett (Oregon), Dion Jordan (Oregon), Chase Thomas (Stanford), Josh Shirley (Washington), T.J. McDonald (USC) and DeAndre Coleman (Cal), it’s easy to see why some of the Pac-12 defenses will get the same kind of love as the offenses do in 2012.
• Oregon moved up three spots to No. 6 in the Baseball America Top 25 rankings.
• Oregon completed their sweep of USC when they came from behind to win 6-3 last night at PK Park.
The victory restored the three-game lead UO (38-14, 19-8) had over No. 14 Arizona entering the weekend.
Oregon is off from conference play this weekend but does host Seattle University for three games beginning Friday at PK Park.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:33 AM