Sunday, May 13, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Keeerrrttt1 @FishDuck.com talks all things Oregon athletics in his 42nd Vlog. This week's topics include the following items:
Spring sports ending (0:50), FishDuck.com update (5:05), Random Tweet of the Week (7:45), Music Recommendation of the Week: (7:59)...
• Stewart Mandel @SportsIllustrated.com believes the Ducks could even be faster this year with either Bryan Bennett or Marcus Mariota at the helm.
Oregon should have little trouble reloading this fall. Both candidates fighting for the starting job, third-year sophomore Bryan Bennett (who averaged 8.7 yards per rush and threw six touchdowns while subbing for an injured Thomas last season) and redshirt freshman Marcus Mariota, are more dangerous runners than predecessors Thomas and Jeremiah Masoli. Mariota, who broke an 82-yard scoring run off an option-fake in the spring game, is a Dennis Dixon-like breakaway threat. Combine that with the return of explosive tailbacks Kenjon Barner and De'Anthony Thomas, and Oregon should be faster overall than it was with Thomas and LaMichael James. Scary.
• Aaron Fentress notes that LaMichael James could have an instant impact at San Francisco.
• TheDuckStopsHere looks at another possible Oregon recruit, Dontre Wilson, who has lots of speed and is compared to LMJ and DAT.
• Jimmie Sherfy struck out the final four batters he faced as No. 9 Oregon opened its series against USC with a 4-3 victory on Saturday afternoon at PK Park.
In celebration of Mother’s Day at PK Park, fans that wear pink can purchase reserved seats for $9! So take Mom out for her special day and have a great time!
• One final note, Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:24 AM