Sunday, April 29, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Tom Ward at KVAL wraps up the spring game.
• Everyone has a story on the spring game, our first glimpse at Marcus Mariota (who put on quite a show), the other redshirt freshmen and the true freshmen. Here are just a few of the many stories floating around Duck Nation:
Rob Moseley, Ken Woody, Steve Summers, Chris Courtney, David Lieberman, Patrick Malee and Anne Peterson. Perhaps Chris Courtney's story sums up the general consensus, especially from Chip Kelly.
“I think Marcus had a really good day, but I think there’s some decisions he could make better,” said a coy Kelly, who reassured members of the media that no quarterback decision would be made until the Ducks’ season opener versus Arkansas State on September 1.
“I thought at times Bryan did some good things (too), but the tough thing when you split yourself in to teams, is sometimes I think you’re victimized by some drops or some protection things...I’m pleased with our quarterbacks. It’s not a position where I’m worried about whether it’s Bryan or Marcus next year.”
• Steve Maher @FishDuck.com liked what he saw in Marcus Mariota.
• Alex McDougall shares some great game spring game photos.
• A PK Park record crowd of 3,892 watched Oregon sophomore Aaron Payne drive in the game-winning run for the second day in a row as the 10th-ranked Ducks clinched the series with a 3-2 victory over California on Saturday afternoon.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:07 AM