Thursday, April 26, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks about the upcoming spring game and the last practice that was held yesterday. Video courtesy of KVAL.
• Rob Moseley and Chris Courtney have a few notes from the practice yesterday.
Rob: Nick Aliotti said that, for a certain percentage of guys, maybe 10 or 15, there's really not much to prove Saturday, and so they probably won't be asked to do a whole lot. There's much more interest in second- and third-string guys trying to prove they deserve a spot in the rotation, than on first-string guys who already have proved themselves on the field time and again.
Chris: Oregon head Chip Kelly admitted his team was “excited” for Saturday’s spring game, after the Ducks concluded the actual practice portion of spring drills Wednesday inside Autzen Stadium. Donning pads, playing with officials, and stepping foot inside Autzen with a live crowd on hand are all things Kelly says contribute to the anticipation for Saturday’s conclusion of spring practices.
• Ted Miller thinks you shouldn't miss watching the spring game.
• Mark Flores @FishDuck.com has his weekly recruiting update.
• Guess who is at #1 and #2 on the Athlon Sports ranking of Pac-12 running backs? If you guessed De'Anthony Thomas and Kenjon Barner you would be correct.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:30 AM