Saturday, April 21, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks with reporters as the third week of practice came to a close. Video courtesy of MaxWilliams247.
• Rob Moseley and Chris Courtney have some notes about the practice yesterday.
Rob: Kelly said De'Anthony Thomas' role within the offense should expand this season, no doubt a scary notion for opponents.
"We didn't give him everything last year," Kelly said. "It was, 'Hey, you don't have to worry about that, because we're not going to call it if you're in. But (now) he's got the whole package, both at wide receiver and running back."
Chris: When it comes to the competition Bennett and Mariota, Helfrich offered a grade of “incomplete” when asked to assess their respective performances thus far this spring, though he admitted he was “very happy” with the progress they’ve made.
• Jeffrey Martin had a Q&A with Kenjon Barner.
• Rob Moseley notes the walk-on running backs are heading in the right direction, on and off the field.
• Aaron Fentress reports the draft process for the spring game allows the coaches to have a little fun.
• John Canzano talks (audio podcast) with Oregon pitcher Jordan Spencer about his no-hitter earlier in the week.
• From GoDucks.com, another solid start from Alex Keudell and a pair of extra-base hits from Kyle Garlick led the eighth-ranked Ducks to a 6-2 series-opening victory over Washington State on Friday night at PK Park.
The Ducks are in action again on Saturday, as Oregon plays game two of the three-game weekend series with the Cougars. Right hander Jake Reed (4-2, 2.19) will take the mound for the Ducks, opposite southpaw Joe
Pistorese (2-2, 2.78) for the Cougars.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:15 AM