Thursday, February 23, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• As LaMichael James prepares for the NFL combine, ESPN goes behind the scenes and takes a closer look at how the preparations are going.
• Rob Moseley has a nice story on former Oregon linebacker Dewitt Stuckey who is literally selling the shirt off his back to help out a friend who met with a tragic fate.
• The BCS big shots are meeting in Dallas this week to discuss changes to the playoff system and ESPN has the latest news.
• Keeerrrttt1 goes one-on-one with FishDuck.com contributor Jerod Young and they talk about Oregon sports.
• Chris Charbonnier @FishDuck.com looks at the nine through seven spots when it comes to Pac-12 recruiting talent.
• Ted Miller and Kevin Gemmell are looking at the top performances of 2011 in the Pac-12 and have Darron Thomas as yesterday's subject.
After an error-plagued season opener against LSU, Thomas and the Ducks went wolf hunting and found themselves with a 41-7 lead before the bands even came out for the halftime show. Thomas threw five of his six touchdowns in the first half -- to five different receivers. He added his second of the game to De'Anthony Thomas (also his longest, 69 yards) midway through the third quarter before being spelled by Bryan Bennett. Consider Thomas' numbers from the week before: 31-of-54 for 240 yards and one touchdown. In this instance, Thomas definitely proved that less is more. The win launched a nine-game win streak and was the 17th straight victory at Autzen. The five first-half touchdowns were a school record and the six matched a school record for total touchdowns, which had been done three times (the last by Joey Harrington in 2001).
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:20 AM