Oregon running back LaMichael James, despite leaving the game early in the fourth quarter with a dislocated elbow, dominated California on Oct. 6 in a 43-15 Ducks victory.
James rushed for 239 yards on 30 carries -- 8.0 yards per carry -- with a 53-yard TD against the Bears.
• Will Colt Lyerla be a breakout TE in 2012? He is mentioned in this ESPN article.
• Rob Moseley provides numerous links to stories on topics ranging from recruiting rankings to the not so unexpected departure of a walk-on.
• The Pac-12 announced that they have extended commissioner Larry Scott's contract through 2016.
• Ted Miller posted his post-signing day Power Rankings for the Pac-12 and you'll find Oregon in the number two spot behind USC.
The Ducks surprisingly lost QB Darron Thomas to the NFL, but the far more important news is not losing coach Chip Kelly to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. A strong recruiting class and another likely top-5 preseason rankings sets the Ducks up nicely to enter the national title chase.
• Dale Newton examines the grit and determination needed to excel at the next level and then wonders, which Duck on the 2012 roster will make the most of the opportunities afforded them.
The hardest thing in life is to sustain your effort after the initial enthusiasm wanes and your dream is still a long way off, when there's a lot of necessary drudge to slog through and equipment to haul before you reach your shiny reward.