Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Todd McShay filed this video report on ESPN yesterday regarding Chip Kelly's decision to stay at Oregon.
• OregonLive.com scoured Twitter for interesting comments from current and former Oregon players on CK's roller coaster decision.
• Aaron Fentress has a mini-profile on Oregon commit LB Brett Bafaro.
As the best athlete on his high school football team, Bafaro played both linebacker and running back out of necessity to help his team win.
• Jared Sawyer @FishDuck.com talks with former Oregon RB Dino Philyaw about the 1995 Rose Bowl.
• Adam Jude notes the report from the U of O on the official statement from Chip Kelly.
“I am flattered by the interest of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ organization. I enjoyed meeting with the Glazer family and General Manager Mark Dominik but after numerous discussions, I concluded that I have some unfinished business to complete at the University of Oregon.”
• Dale Newton has a superb article on the challenges of being a head coach in the NFL and the decision Chip made to stay in Eugene.
The wisdom to be satisfied right where you are is one of the hardest things to learn in life. These are the good old days, for most of us. There's a lot to be said for blooming where you're planted. It's a wonderful thing to have talent, drive and ambition, and Kelly has all three. He says he stayed because he has unfinished business at Oregon, and that's true. There are enough big, amazing dreams to be achieved right here to make this the best possible time and place. Chip Kelly doesn't need the NFL to become a great football coach. He already is.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:44 AM