Junior Michael Clay stepped up as the leader on defense last spring, and come fall he did so on the field as well.
• Ted Miller looks at the best Pac-12 "atmospheres" of the 2011 campaign and has Oregon in three of the six spots. Here is number one:
1. Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Wisconsin: Not much to say here. It's the Rose Bowl. All the other ESPN.com bloggers are doing lists, but they are playing for No. 2 because the Rose Bowl is the most righteous sports atmosphere in all the world. Other than the World Cup final.
• Mark Flores @FishDuck.com (new writer) covers the recruiting trail and looks at three wide-outs.
• Rob Moseley has a nice story on incoming high school recruit, QB Jake Rodrigues who figures to be in the mix now that DT has left.
• The U of O honored recently honored seven Academic All-Americans including OG Carson York.
• David Melo @FishDuck.com completes his 2002 Fiesta Bowl victory articles with part two and a Justin Phinisee interview.
• ESPN had to re-think their ranking of the 2008 class which had Oregon outside of the top 25 instead of their new position of second. Here's what they think now:
The foundation for the success that Oregon now enjoys was unmistakably set with this class. In 2008, the Ducks signed key players like running back LaMichael James, who developed into one of the premier backs in college football, and quarterback Darron Thomas. The class also featured some important contributors like Kenjon Barner and John Boyett.