Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• ESPN presents their top 10 plays of the bowl season where you will find (1:50) DAT's 91 yard run at #3.
• Ted Miller has Oregon at #1 in his final Pac-12 power rankings and you'll spot them at #2 behind USC for the preseason power rankings.
Chip Kelly and Oregon just can't win the big one. Oh, wait! They did. A thrilling Rose Bowl victory over Wisconsin capped another great season in Eugene and left the Ducks, again, atop the Pac-12 at season's end. So, in the history of the program, which is the all-time best season: 2001, 2010 or 2011? Or should we hold off judgment on that until after the 2012 campaign?
• Rob Moseley is kicking off his season reviews with the QB position.
Overcoming a midseason knee injury, junior Darron Thomas quarterbacked the Ducks to a conference title and a BCS bowl berth for the second straight year, improving to 23-3 as Oregon's starter. He finished with a quarterback rating of 158.66, good for 11th nationally.
• Jon Wilner predicts the Ducks will be at #4 in the preseason rankings come this fall.
• Conflicting reports suggest that Chip Kelly may have been contacted by the Miami Dolphins. Pretty sure Chip the Skip is going anywhere soon (IMO.)
• Bob Rickert notes a couple of four star recruits will be visiting Oregon this weekend.
• Dale Newton believes now until the next kickoff are the hardest days to win.
This is the time of year that sets the tone for next season. Teams either recommit, implode, or merely fail to maintain the discipline and desire that brought them success. It's up to every new group of seniors to accept the role of leadership, to sacrifice and challenge each other.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:01 AM