Friday, December 30, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Darron Thomas, Mark Helfrich, LaMichael James, Carson York, and Kenjon Barner talk with reporters at a press conference for the offensive players yesterday. Video courtesy of the R-G and KVAL.
• Ken Goe says Hroniss Grasu has been a pillar of strenth at cneter this year.
It's why Darron Thomas contends that Grasu's impact on this year's team rivals that of freshman teammate De'Anthony Thomas, the Pac-12's co-offensive freshman of the year.
"I don't believe I've had any bad snaps, any snaps going wild or anything like that," Thomas said. "I think he is one of the best centers. I think he is going to be the center here for a long time."
Give some of the credit where it belongs: to the freshman at the point of attack, who plays with the low-key, self-assurance of a seasoned veteran.
• There is still a lot of buzz surrounding Mark Asper's actions when he assisted a man choking at a restaurant the other night. Even made in onto ESPN's Sportscenter Wednesday night.
• Speaking of buzz, the new uniforms and helmet are still generating plenty of talk. Here is a better picture of the new helmet away from any glaring indoor lights.
• Ted Miller reminds everyone that Oregon isn't going away even if LMJ goes to the NFL.
• Darron Thomas' second trip to the Rose Bowl is dramatically different than the first when he was finishing up his redshirt season.
• LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner are both weighing their options on joining the NFL draft next year, hard to blame them.
• Aaron Fentress and Tom Mulhern continue their comparisons of Oregon and Wisconsin and weigh in on the "intangibles," and both agree Oregon has the advantage.
• David Melo @ FishDuck.com continues his story on Oregon's 2001 postseason with part four.
• Chris Courtney gives his three keys to an Oregon victory over Wisconsin.
1. Dictate Tempo: 2. Hold [Russell] Wilson in check: 3. Win the trenches
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:06 AM