Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly introduces some member of the team (skip to 4m) and David Paulson talks with reporters about his holiday break, Disneyland and getting back to practice. Video courtesy of the R-G and eDuck. Adam Jude has an accompanying article.
• Kenjon Barner provided the best picture of the day. Does LaMike look just a little worried? Priceless.
• Undoubtedly, the biggest news from yesterday was the new Oregon uni's Nike unveiled. The consensus seems to be favorable as George Schroeder, Dr. Saturday, Ted Miller, Sean Meagher, and Aaron Fentress give their opinions.
• Ken Goe notes that a few members of the team were stuck in their hotel elevator for 2 hours yesterday.
• Aaron Fentress compares the matchup of assistant coaches between the Ducks and Badgers.
• Ted Miller believes De'Anthony Thomas has made some "mythic" plays this season.
"The first thing that jumps out is his athletic ability -- how quickly he can do things," Ducks coach Chip Kelly said. "Not only is he fast, but his ability to change direction is incredible. It's how quick he gets out of cuts. There's a suddenness to him. I don't think people appreciate it until they really see him in person. Then they're like, 'Wow!'"
• Ted Miller also has a good story on Chip Kelly's wit and wisdom.
• Keeerrrttt1 @ FishDuck.com looks at Oregon's integral role in the history of the Grandaddy of them all. Another great article by Kurt, be sure to check it out.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:06 AM