Sunday, December 18, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley and Ken Goe have your Saturday practice update and KVAL furnished the video of LaMichael after practice.
Rob: Yesterday's practice kicked off a five-day stretch of practices prior to the holiday break that the Ducks will treat like a normal game week. The exceptions will be the final two practices, Tuesday and Wednesday; usually those would be like walk-through days, on Thursdays and Fridays during the season, but the Ducks will hold fuller practices this week.
Ken: LaMichael James flatly denied that he has decided to declare for the NFL draft.
Speaking to reporters Saturday following Oregon’s closed practice, the Oregon junior contradicted a story first reported online by The Oregonian on Wednesday that he will forgo his final season of college eligibility.
“My future is irrelevant right now,” he said. “Come Jan. 3 it will be relevant, because my season will be over. But I owe it to my teammates, the fans and my coaches to think about (the Rose Bowl) right now. That’s my most important goal right now.”
• Aaron Fentress takes a closer look at the QB matchup between Oregon's Darron Thomas and Wisconsin's Russell Wilson.
• Adam Jude goes back 10 years and re-visits the Wisconsin-Oregon matchups when they traded nail-biting wins.
• Rob Moseley continues his "ask-a-Duck" series as fans pose questions to Kenjon Barner.
• Kim Hastings at FishDuck.com reminisces through the last five decades and wonders what team or individual player might be your favorite. Here is a small sample from Kim's opening paragraph.
Down through the decades, Oregon football has provided countless hours of memories. Many of them were great, but some of them memorable for other reasons. Many of them were awesome, but some of them seemed to be more about the rain…which never falls in Autzen Stadium now, but seemed to with some frequency back when.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:17 AM