Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley and Ken Goe have your Monday practice update and the video of Eddie Pleasant after practice is courtesy of KVAL.
Rob: The Ducks wrapped up their first set of Rose Bowl practices this morning with a workout inside the Moshofsky Center in helmets and jerseys — no other padding, and thus very little hitting.
Earlier Monday brought news of a verbal commitment to the Ducks from junior college defensive lineman Stetzon Bair, the younger brother of former UO lineman Brandon Bair.
Ken: "We've just been getting our legs back for the most part," safety Eddie Pleasant said. "We haven't gone over too much stuff (about Wisconsin). Us as players, we've watched a little film. But we've just been getting our legs back. We'll start going over stuff like that next week."
• Lindsey Schnell wonders if the Ducks need a BCS bowl victory for validation? (A lot of interesting comments on this post.)
• The Sporting News has a couple of early Rose Bowl predictions and both Matt Hayes and Steve Greenberg pick Oregon.
• Ted Miller takes an extremely early look at the 2012 Heisman race where you will find a couple of Ducks.
• Rob Moseley has a fan submitted Q&A with Oregon LB Michael Clay.
• The Oregon defense will see a mix of the best offense's they have faced throughout the 2011 campaign.
“They can run the ball like Stanford, and they’ve got some guys that can go downfield like USC,” UO defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti said. “And that’s probably why they average 45 points a game and are 11-2 going to the Rose Bowl.
“They’re good. But I’m fired up for it.”
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:02 AM