Receiver Josh Huff says that the Ducks’ playmakers will be able to find open space for Thomas to deliver the ball to them against Wisconsin.
“We’re capable of anything,” Huff says.
“For me and the other seniors, it’s our last chance to play with the Oregon uniform on. And, for a lot of us, it’s our last chance to play football,” Paulson says, of the Rose Bowl. “So we’re going to give it everything we’ve got, and hopefully go out on top.”
• David Melo at FishDuck.com opens the history book and looks at part one of two on Oregon's 2001 postseason.
• LaMichael James was named to the Walter Camp All-America team last night. James and Jackson Rice fell just short in the other categories, James for the Doak Walker award, which he won last year and Rice for the Ray Guy award.
• Ted Miller unveils his Pac-12 All-Underrated team where you will find four Ducks.
QB Darron Thomas, Oregon: Sure, he at times was off-target this year. But how many teams across the country would want a QB who was off-target with 30 TD passes and just six interceptions?
OL Mark Asper, Oregon: How do the Ducks block so well without a single first- or second-team All-Pac-12 O-lineman?
DT Taylor Hart, Oregon: A high-motor try-hard guy who's got great length and underrated athletic ability.
LB Michael Clay, Oregon: Missed some action due to injury but his 9.2 tackles per game in nine games ranked second in the Pac-12.
• Patrick Malee adds his own comments concerning Ted Miller's All-Underrated Team.
• Adam Jude notes that Carson York has been named to the second-team academic All-American team.
The academic honor is his third of the season after being named to the Capital One Academic All-District (8) and Pac-12 All-Academic first teams earlier in the year. He has been a first-team all-conference academic selection three times.