Saturday, November 19, 2011
Last Minute Game Day Stories
• The College GameDay crew break down the USC vs Oregon game and have a couple of favorable predictions...and in case you missed it live, Lee Corso had a moment at the end of the show...
• Ted Miller talks about the big Oklahoma St. loss last night and what that might mean for the Ducks assuming they take care of business against USC.
And if they win impressively, their bid to become viewed as the "best one-loss" team would be bolstered.
• John Canzano talks with former Oregon RB Reuben Droughns about the big game today.
• Rob Moseley previews the matchup with USC today.
Since James and Thomas returned full-time from injuries at the start of November, the Ducks have humbled a Washington team that looked to be making a resurgence, then destroyed Stanford’s national championship hopes.
“It seems like we’ve gone through a bit of a gauntlet here the last three weeks,” Aliotti said. “Now it’s chapter three.”
• Ken Woody examines the X's & O's of the game today.
The defense has been playing great the past two games: count the number of Ducks on the pile or around it when the whistle blows. This marks a hustling, aggressive defense and is a main reason Oregon is currently No. 4 in the country.
• Dale Newton examines the brilliance of De'Anthony Thomas and suggests we might see something speical at halftime.
Kobe Bryant, rumored to be in town with an NBA contingent hosted by Nike, may rescind the nickname in a special halftime ceremony. (and a little prediction of my own in addition to Dale's...I wouldn't be shocked if Snoop Dogg made an appearance today...)
Dale also the keys to the game here.
• My prediction: Oregon 48 - USC 24
Posted by Mike Wines at 10:42 AM