Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Aaron Fentress notes that the team has adjusted to the short preparation week. Rob Moseley shared the video of the CK press conference after practice.
Oregon coach Chip Kelly said the short week originally created concern for the coaching staff. That quickly changed when they saw the team respond with enthusiasm to the change in schedule.
"That's what's remarkable about these guys," Kelly said. "They were awesome."
• Perhaps the biggest news yesterday was the firing of Dennis Erickson at ASU and Rick Neuheisel at UCLA. Of course the Weasel news has a direct impact on many of the Oregon faithful.
Kinger at the Sports Brewery had this comment: "That said, I truly hope Chip drops 70 on your head and sends you out bloodied, mashed and holding back tears."
Spencer Hall at EDSBS has a suggestion for 22 new jobs for Slick Rick.
• Plenty of accolades for Duck players yesterday including the following: De'Anthony Thomas was named the first-team all-conference return specialist, and shared offensive freshman of the year. Thomas is 10th nationally in all-purpose running and 13th in kickoff returns. David Paulson was named second-team all-conference tight end and student athlete of the week..
• The Pac-12 conference has named the head of the Pac-12 Network.
• GoDucks.com has their football release ready for the title game. First thing I noticed is that Gus Johnson will be calling the game for Fox which will be good news for fans watching on TV. Best announcer out there besides Jerry Allen.
• Dale Newton looks at the matchup against UCLA and talks about the short week of preparation.
• Ted Miller has the Pac-12 power ranking where you will find Oregon in the number two spot.
Oregon just needs to avoid tripping over itself against UCLA on Friday and it will go to its third consecutive BCS bowl game after winning its third consecutive conference title. Life is good, eh Ducks?
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:00 AM