Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley and Lindsay Schnell have your Tuesday practice update and Rob provided the video of the CK press conference after practice.
Rob: The Ducks were in the Moshofsky Center this morning in full pads as they continued preparations for Saturday's Civil War in Eugene at 12:30 p.m.
Linebacker Dewitt Stuckey was in pads, though designated non-contact, I believe, but both Mark Asper and Darrion Weems looked good to go after wearing walking boots Monday.
Lindsay: "It means a lot more now because we've gotta win," said running back LaMichael James. "When you lose a game you can't wait to play the next one."
• John Canzano sat down with former Oregon QB Akili Smith as they talked about past Civl War memories and predict the game this week.
• GoDucks.com has the week 13 football release posted where you can learn all you need to know about the matchup with the beavs.
• Bob Rickert has a recruiting update.
• David Piper at ATQ has today's Little Brother jibe. Here is my favorite:
March 23, 2005: OSU DT Ben Siegert is arrested after being pulled over for a DUI with a stolen ram from the OSU homosexual sheep study in the back of his pickup.
The joke that keeps on giving. What can I say that hasn't already been said?
• Rob Moseley wonders if LaMichael will be back next year?
• While none of them have been season-ending, the Ducks have many walking wounded getting ready for the Civil War.
• Aaron Fentress reminds this year's Ducks to think of roses.
Oregon must defeat the big boys in big bowl games in order to walk among them. And it starts by defeating a Big Ten team in the Rose Bowl.
• Dale Newton reminds us that home field advantage is a big deal.
Playing a beat up, 3-8 Oregon State team with the Ducks having the opportunity to earn the right to host the Conference Championship and host the Rose Bowl, executing early is a big advantage. If the Ducks establish dominance , the Beavers will go away.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:53 AM