Sunday, November 20, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• KVAL has last nights late news story as the Trojans upset the Duck 38-35.
• It was definitely a heart breaking loss. Too many dropped balls, turnovers, and missed opportunities. Time to focus on the Civil War. A win will clinch a trip to the inaugural Pac-12 championship game.
• On to all the game coverage stories. Ken Goe says the Ducks lost more than a game last night; George Schroeder believes the Ducks need to rebound in a hurry for the Civil War; Rob Moseley says this loss stings a little more; Patrick Malee notes the ominous start seemed to be an omen; Chris Courtney called it a defensive meltdown; Steve Maher says time just ran out; Ken Woody examines the loss; ESPN and GoDucks.com round out the coverage.
• One bittersweet positive to take away: De'Anthony, Darron and LaMichael set some records last night.
Of course, it wouldn't be a Duck game if James didn't break some record:
The junior moved into first on Oregon's career list for all-purpose yards (5,310) Saturday night, passing former running back standout Derek Loville, who played for Oregon from 1986-89 and racked up 5,223 yards during his time in Eugene.
• I will be back later today with the Oregon highlights from the game.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:57 AM