Friday, November 18, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Ken Goe and Adam Jude have your Thursday practice update. Video of CK after practice is courtesy of MaxWilliams247.
Ken: The Oregon Ducks held their normal closed walk-through practice Thursday morning in misty, 40-degree temperatures. Oregon coach Chip Kelly said the Ducks got the necessary work done in the kicking game, which is one reason to be outside.
Adam: Temperatures could drop into the 30s for Saturday, and there is a chance for snow. "Snow? Awesome. I love snow," Kelly said.
• Rob Moseley reports that if USC WR Robert Woods, plays it won't be at full strength. Rob also looks at the USC running backs.
• Petros and Money interview Darron Thomas on their radio show.
• The Solid Verbal guys talk about the big games of the week including a segment on USC vs Oregon.
• DAT believes his nickname and his choice to play for Oregon are a perfect fit.
• Oregon players Mark Asper, David Paulson, Carson York were named first-team all-Pac-12 academic.
• David Melo opens the history books at looks at the 1996 season when Oregon came back from a 3-5 start.
• Lindsay Schnell has a good article on De'Anthony Thomas and his trip from Pop Warner football to the college stage.
• Here come the predictions. Ted Miller has Oregon winning by a touchdown.
Don't be surprised if the Ducks start slowly. Last weekend was emotional. It's also possible, however, that the Ducks will assert themselves as they did last year against the Trojans and win decisively. Just have a hunch that this one will be highly competitive, though, with Trojans quarterback Matt Barkley playing at a high level.
• Ted Miller believes DT is better than you might think.
He's presently the nation's 10th-rated passer with 22 touchdowns and just five interceptions.
You know, Thomas, the guy who outplayed Luck last weekend. And Price the week before.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:47 AM