Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley and Ken Goe have your Tuesday update and provides the video of CK after practice.
Rob: The Ducks were in full pads inside the Moshofsky Center for practice this morning, continuning preparations for Saturday's game against USC.
Ken: [Chip] Kelly is particularly impressed with Barkley, who has come a long way since playing in Autzen as a freshman in 2009.
• Crews are feverishly putting the final touches on two temporary towers at Autzen Stadium for the last home games of the season.
The structures, similar to the temporary seating installed at Hayward Field for major track and field meets the last few years, are being built on either end of the sky suites atop the north side of the stadium. Each will hold two 30-person “tower suites,” and because the footprint of each would displace 30 standing-room-only fans, they will be relocated atop the structures.
• The Oregon secondary will have their hands full covering USC receivers Robert Woods and Marqise Lee.
• GoDucks.com has their weekly football release ready for the USC game. Learn all there is to know about the matchup.
• Ted Miller thinks LMJ will be invited to the Heisman ceremonies.
• Steve Summers notes that it seems like this has happened before.
A win by Oregon cinches the Northern Division Pac-12 crown and the right to hold the inaugural conference championship on the home turf. It also could mean more of the necessary ingredients to continue Oregon’s winning ways.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:36 AM