Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud



Rob Moseley has your Monday update and KVAL furnishes the video of CK after practice.

One of the things the Ducks do indeed control this week is the chance to host, by beating USC to clinch the Pac-12 North division and a Dec. 2 home game for the conference championship.

Ted Miller does his weekly Pac-12 rewind and you will Oregon mentioned more than once. Team of the week, biggest play and a smiley face.

Aaron Fentress says Boseko Lokombo is getting quite familiar with the end zone. (you might recognize the video Aaron uses in his article)

"When I get the ball, first of all, I still get a little shocked," he said. Monday. "Then I just start running and start looking who's besides me, who's in front of me, who's blocking for me. Really, I just think about the end zone."

"When I get the ball, first of all, I still get a little shocked," he said. Monday. "Then I just start running and start looking who's besides me, who's in front of me, who's blocking for me. Really, I just think about the end zone."

Fourth and seven from the opponents 41 yard line? Most teams would punt but CK has different plans.

"Our mentality as a program is that we're going to leave it on the field," Kelly said.

• If you want to compete with the big boys you better take care of business on the road.

• Here are your Pac-12 power rankings where you will find Oregon at top.

The Ducks left no doubt against Stanford. Now can they play their way back into the national championship picture? A good start would be not suffering a home letdown against USC.

• With all the Andrew Luck hype Brian Libby at FishDuck.com decided to open the history books and look at some former HOF QB's who went to college in the Pac-10.

Dale Newton says not to compare De'Anthony Thomas to anyone, he is in a league of his own.

De'Anthony Thomas is not the next Reggie Bush. He's not the next anyone. He's the first De'Anthony Thomas.

Rob Moseley sets the stage for the USC game and provides all the stats for the two teams.

• A rematch with LSU? Unlikely but here is a lot talk going on and Ted Miller thinks he has an idea how some fans might react.

"Plenty of measured, football-smart fans -- even LSU and Alabama fans -- watched the tour de force display against Stanford and thought to themselves, "I don't want to play them."

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

DDubbs76 said...

I don't think LSU or Alabama are afraid of Oregon, because they don't have to be...the SEC has proven they can take it to us with their big teams. And that's that.