Sunday, October 16, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• KVAL reporter Nick Krupke details the Oregon victory over ASU, 41-27, for the evening news last night.
• DT talks with reporters after the game and says "I'll be alright" but you have to believe that with a fairly easy schedule for the next two weeks (Colorado and WSU) the staff might decide to keep him out until the Washington game.
• John Canzano has my favorite post game story, "Oregon Ducks, despite every excuse to quit, win and send important message."
The Ducks overcame adversity. They won with backups of backups playing at key positions. They won with ASU's offense putting a ridiculous amount of pressure on the defense. They won in spite of turnovers, and having to come from behind, and with rain falling and every excuse to quit.
It was a powerful and perfect message about spirit.
• Here are the rest of the game stories from around the web: Rob Moseley and Ken Woody from the R-G, Ted Miller from ESPN on Cliff's return from purgatory, Aaron Fentress says we got to see a glimpse of the future, Chris Courtney and Steve Summers from eDuck, Jason Vondersmith from the Portland Tribune, ESPN and GoDucks.com round out the coverage.
• Bryan Bennett gets a well deserved helmet sticker for his role in the win.
• How good was it to see Cliff Harris get more playing time? Lindsay Schnell has the story.
In a night when young corners Troy Hill and Terrence Mitchell played well, it was Harris who returned an interception 50 yards in the second quarter, setting up Oregon's third score of the night to go up 21-17 at halftime.
• I will have my YouTube highlight video posted later today and I will put up some post game interviews later this morning.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:51 AM