• Rob Moseley has a nice story on the friendship between Carson York and Brandon Hanna, friends since preschool.
“We were just little kids once, doing stuff you can’t write about in the newspaper, experiencing all of life’s firsts together,” York said. “Now we’re grown men and have grown-men lives — or at least the beginnings of them.”
• You might want to include a rain jacket if you're going to Autzen today, there is a chance of rain in the forecast.
• Time again for some Q&A's. Adam Jude has one with Bryan Bennett and Patrick Malee catches up with Boseko Lokombo.
• Ted Miller wonders "did you know?"
Oregon has scored 30 or more points in each of its past 25 home games. That is the longest streak in the AP Poll era (since 1936) and one of two active streaks longer than 20 games (TCU, 24 straight). No other team in the AP Poll era has had a streak of at least 20 such games. This week’s opponent Washington State allows 30.4 PPG this season. The next longest such streak after Oregon and TCU? Oklahoma (19 games from 2006-09).
• If you hadn't noticed Jackson Rice is having a stellar season punting, Lucas Clark has the story.
“And we say all the time, ‘Fair catches win games,’” [Tom] Osborne said. “When a guy punts a ball and a guy fair catches it, the crowd gets up and gets a Coke and the TV guys say, ‘We’re breaking to a commercial’ — nobody cares. (But) that wins you games.”
• Oregon picked up another commit for the 2012 class. Liberty (Hillsboro, Ore.) LB Brett Bafaro, 6-foot-2, 225 pound, 4-star rated LB.
• Cliff Harris had his driver's license reinstated yesterday.
• Dale Newton has the keys to the game.
Seize your one chance, don't let Lobbestael be a passing fancy and no matter who's throwing, the Ducks must refine their counterpunch.
• Rob Moseley predicts a final outcome of Oregon 66 - WSU 13. Personally I will go with a 55 - 17 Duck victory.
• David Lieberman believes that DAT is making a fool of USC.
Most journalists and fans said the proverbial torch was passed between the two programs last season when Oregon went to the Coliseum and handed Matt Barkley and Co. a 53-32 drubbing. If that game signaled a nail in USC’s coffin, De’Anthony Thomas has pounded it through the heart of Trojan Nation with a sledgehammer this season.