Sunday, October 23, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• KVAL files this report and video after Oregon manhandled Colorado 45-2.
The Ducks bulldozed the injury-riddled Buffaloes 45-2 Saturday in their first trip to Folsom Field since 1987 even though they were playing without Darron Thomas and LaMichael James.
• Rob Moseley likes the poise of backup QB Bryan Bennett.
Despite his youth, Bennett showed the maturity of a veteran in those pregame moments... and he visualized how the next few hours might unfold.
“I was looking out on the field,” Bennett said, “trying to envision myself making plays.”
Whatever he envisioned, it couldn’t have been much better than reality.. Bennett made his first collegiate start Saturday and finished 11-of-20 passing for 156 yards and two touchdowns in Oregon’s 45-2 victory over the Buffaloes.
• Here are links for some of the other game coverage stories around the internet; Ken Goe called it a "total mismatch," Aaron Fentress says the "Ducks find value in blowout victory," Jason Vondersmith details the "backup plan," Steve Maher at FishDuck.com started writing his story after the first quarter ended, Ken Woody says the Ducks looked sharp, reports from ESPN and GoDucks.com.
• Michael Ciaglo at the Oregon Daily Emerald has some nice photos of the game action.
• Ted Miller has a helmet sticker for Josh Kaddu.
The Ducks linebacker had 10 tackles, three for a loss, and two sacks in the blowout win at Colorado.
• Dale Newton wraps it up with this observation from his postgame story.
A perfect script for the Ducks in that they won, used a great number of players and kept the game in check, leaving themselves healthy for WSU with Thomas and James fresh and recovered.
• I'll post my YouTube game highlight video later today, stay tuned.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:33 AM