Thursday, October 20, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley has your Wednesday practice update and provides the video of DT after practice today.
Running back LaMichael James left the stadium carrying a helmet and shoulder pads but wearing sweatpants, and I've no sense of what to make of that in terms of practice participation. Tight end Colt Lyerla appears to be in non-contact status with what I think is some sort of arm or shoulder issue, and Rob Beard was icing his right quad after practice.
• Ken Goe wonders what the secret it is to Bryan Bennett's poise and decides it's preparation and talent.
• George Schroeder believes that LMJ and DT should wait until November to play. Rob Moseley says the odds favor neither player seeing action on Saturday.
• Will the altitude at Boulder be a factor? Probably not.
• Ducks will see a different sort of screen play from Colorado than they did against ASU.
• Dale Newton previews the matchup with Colorado and will be looking at how the defense plays this week.
Will Oregon's defense assert itself in this game and dominate? Does the unit continue to jell and develop the depth it'll need to prevail for the conference title? Is Dion Jordan okay, and will he and DeWitt Stuckey continue to spearhead the pass rush?
• Patrick Malee has some impressive numbers for the Ducks so far this year.
• Keeerrrttt1 opens the history book and looks back at how the Ducks beat Ty Detmer and #4 BYU back in 1990.
• Ted Miller opens his superlative tracker and we find LMJ and Chip Kelly on his list.
(Offensive Player of the year) 2. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon: James sat out the Arizona State game with a dislocated elbow. He still ranks first in the nation with 170.4 yards per game.
(Coach of the year) 4. Chip Kelly, Oregon: Kelly's Ducks are again in position to win the conference title, their third in a row.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:57 AM