Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley has your Tuesday practice update and also included the video of LaMichael James at the weekly press conference.
Sounds like LMJ will probably take the week off and I wouldn't be surprised if DT did as well, even though he has been seen with no limp and no brace after practice. Rob noted that CK had the following comments regarding the play of the defense.
"Defensively, I think our defense is doing a really nice job of preventing big plays...I think we're playing great pass efficiency defense. We're forcing people to drive the field against us. We've got to do a better job sometimes on third down of getting them off the field though, and finishing off drives."
• Injuries are big news at Oregon of course, but Colorado is dealing with more.
• GoDucks.com has their weekly football release ready. Learn everything you need to know about the game in Boulder.
• BenzDuck takes a historic look at the Oregon v Colorado game in 1978.
• Oregon wide receivers are an integral part of the Oregon offense, ask any of them. WR coach Scott Frost is well known for his mantra, "no block, no rock."
• Dale Newton reminds us that the future isn't written and that's what makes college football so compelling.
Every year is different. The future isn't written and it isn't predestined by the past. There are conflicting rumors and murmurs, and at least for a little while the Ducks may continue to be without LaMichael James and Darron Thomas. The schedule's handed them a breather, a perfect confluence of circumstance, and the next two games are against the low end of the conference...
But then comes the Murderer's Row. Three games against talented teams, 5-1 Washington and 6-0 Stanford, both on the road, and the dangerous Trojans in Eugene. Then the Civil War, which rarely follows the script.
The Ducks could triumph or collapse. No one really knows... A lot could happen between now and The Rose Bowl. It always does.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:53 AM