Saturday, October 15, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Josh at FishDuck.com breaks down how ASU will likely attack the Oregon defense but thinks Oregon will get away with a 10 point victory.
• Rob Moseley has his prediction as well as other pundits around the web. Everyone likes Oregon put the point margin varies significantly.
• I will go ahead and throw my prediction in the ring. Oregon 38 - ASU 30.
• Dale Newton believes that if you're not worried about the game today you should be.
• Adam Jude believes Josh Kaddu adds punch to the defense.
Kaddu has found a way to pack a punch on the football field, and he’s doing that as well as anyone on the Oregon defense these days. The strongside linebacker is an integral part of Nick Aliotti’s aggressive, blitzing defensive schemes, often coming off the edge in pursuit of the quarterback.
• Speaking of the defense, Eddie Pleasant is making his mark as well.
“As a second-year safety, I think Eddie Pleasant has really made unbelievable strides,” Nick Aliotti says. “I think he’s playing at a very high caliber. I see a different guy this year from last year, and I see a guy that’s really, really stepped his game up, particularly mentally.”
• Lucas Clark has a Q&A with WR Lavasier Tuinei.
• Lot of high profile recruits will be at the game today, Dale Newton has the story.
• Ted Miller asks "did you know?"
Oregon has owned its series with Arizona State of late, winning the past six meetings by wide margins. The closest game over that stretch was 11 points (last year) and the Ducks' average margin of victory in those six games is 21.5 points.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:02 AM