Thursday, October 13, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley has your Wednesday practice update where he talks with DT after practice. Rob also noted Chip's response to how Cliff is doing this week in practice.
Kelly also quipped, when asked about Cliff Harris' progress today, that "Cliff's effort was as good as the questions I got today." Speaking for the media on hand today (and keeping with Kelly's tongue-in-cheek response) that's a bad sign for ol' Cliff ...
Seriously, it sounds like Kelly has been generally encouraged with what he's seen from Harris this week, but as always, the longer that's sustained, the better the outlook for him.
• Will the size of ASU QB Brock Osweiler and their receivers pose a problem for Oregon?
• Ted Miller also covers the subject of Osweiler's height.
• Will former Oregon coach Mike Bellotti end up with that position at Arizona?
• ESPN College GameDay will be held in a different location this year due to construction around Autzen.
The show Saturday morning will originate on campus adjacent to the Lillis Business Complex, on East 13th Avenue just east of Kincaid Street, commonly known around campus as the "Quad."
• Keeerrrttt1 remembers one of the classic game in Oregon history. The "Miracle in the Desert" when Oregon defeated ASU in double-overtime.
• Dale Newton believes the Oregon defense is good and getting better.
The return of middle linebacker Michael Clay will help the offensive line a lot. Even after missing three games he's sixth on the team in tackles. He fills gaps. He finishes plays, steers runners back into the pile, wraps up and cleans up. He'll make the entire defense more effective, provided he's full-go.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:48 AM