Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley has your Monday practice update and MaxWilliams247 provides the video of CK answering reporters question after practice.
Injured running back LaMichael James was at the football facility today, but wasn't spotted leaving the Mo Center after practice. The Ducks are preparing for this week with the understanding he may not be able to play due to the elbow injury he suffered against Cal.
"It hurts. That's one of our leaders, one of our great players," senior rover Eddie Pleasant said.
• Adam Jude sets the stage for the ASU game.
The Sun Devils come into Autzen Stadium for the 7:15 p.m. kickoff (on ESPN) boasting a 5-1 overall record, 3-0 in the Pac-12, and what Kelly said might be the best team of the Dennis Erickson era. Kelly said it's certainly the best ASU team he's seen in the three seasons he's been the Oregon head coach.
"They're real talented; I've watched every game they've played, and that's a ball-hawking defense," Kelly said Sunday night.
• Ted Miller has his power rankings posted where you will find Oregon at #2 behind Stanford.
Is it just me or did few notice that Oregon pitched a second-half shutout against California? Sure, the defense gave up some yards -- 465 -- but holding the Bears to one touchdown and no second-half points is pretty tough. And that D will need to step up with running back LaMichael James out.
• LaMichael James was named the Pac-12 offensive player of the week for his perfomrance against Cal.
• Ted Miller has a Pac-12 mid-season review.
• Not really an Oregon story unless you liken Mike Stoops to that irritating boil on your ass you have to deal with once a year, but Arizona has had enough. Stoops was fired late yesterday after losing to the beavs.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:51 AM