• George Schroeder says it is time for Darron Thomas to step up with the injury to LMJ.
I’m not sure it’s doable, replacing James’ production and highlight potential — or as important, his often overlooked toughness.
Which is why as long as we’re talking about stepping up, it’s time to focus on Oregon’s most important player, the guy with the best chance to become the Ducks’ catalyst.
You ready, Darron Thomas?
• LaMichael James was named yesterday the Walter Camp national player of the week after rushing for 239 yards and a touchdown in the Ducks' 43-15 victory over California on Thursday.
• ESPN College GameDay makes their sixth trip to Autzen Stadium to see the #9 Ducks take on the #20 Sun Devils next Saturday. A new location will need to be found for the set with construction taking over their previous spot. That location has yet to be determined.
• Steve Maher at FishDuck.com has a good article on LMJ, "Follow the Legend."
• Ken Goe thinks the ASU game will come down to defense and who makes the biggest plays.
For Oregon fans, this would be a good week to see junior linebacker Michael Clay back on the field. Clay has been recovering from the apparent high ankle sprain he suffered against Nevada in the second week of the season.