“It’s vital that they step up now,” UO running backs coach Gary Campbell said. “And I think they all know that. They were all hurt by the fact that he couldn’t finish the game. Obviously we don’t know when he’ll be back, and their job now is to step up and try to fill his shoes the best it’s possible.”
• John Canzano talks with Joey Harrington about LaMichael's injury and Darron Thomas. Audio link provided.
• Aaron Fentress wonders where LMJ's injury stands in the mind of Oregon fans when it comes to disheartening moments. The voting was very one-sided as Dennis Dixon's injury in 2007 topped the list at 92%.
• Ted Miller has a helmet sticker for LaMichael for his performance against Cal.
The Ducks running back rushed for 239 yards and a touchdown on 30 carries before dislocating his elbow in the fourth quarter of a the victory over California.
• Dale Newton has some recruiting news and pays special attention to RB Fabian Moreau.
• De'Anthony Thomas has yet to be defined by a single position label says Aaron Fentress, but many seem to fit. Running back? Wide receiver? Kick returner? Perhaps playmaker would be the best.
"He's a skill guy," Oregon offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich said. "He can line up in a lot of places and do a lot of things and we're going to try to get him the ball."
"His learning curve has just been awesome," Helfrich said. "His commitment to getting better is great. The guy will put in time. He's a great practice player. He's just a great guy to be around. He's a gym-rat type kid."