Wednesday, October 05, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley has your Tuesday practice update and supplies the video interview with Michael Clay.
A big question entering the matchup is the status of junior linebacker Michael Clay, who was tied for the Pac-12 lead in tackles through two games but has missed two straight with an ankle injury. Clay today said he's feeling perhaps 65 or 70 percent and couldn't say for sure whether he'll play Thursday despite returning to practice on a limited basis this week.
• Lindsay Schnell also was present as the Ducks emerged from practice and asked LMJ about the rumored new uniform for the Cal contest.
LaMichael James says he has not seen the new look -- he didn't believe me when I said I had seen better -- but pointed out that "the player makes the jersey, the jersey doesn't make the player."
• Dale Newton has a poignant article on the "battles won on Rich Brooks Field, and elsewhere."
• Aaron Fentress has his preview ready for the Cal game as the Ducks look to avoid a repeat of the offensive letdown of a year ago.
• GoDucks.com has all the transportation and parking information you will need to plan for a Thursday night game.
• Bob Rickert reports on a new verbal commitment, TE/DE Terrance Daniel from Bishop O'Dowd H.S. in Oakland, CA.
• Rob Moseley notes that the kickers from both Cal and Oregon will look to improve on their performance from a year ago.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:09 AM