Sunday, October 02, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Adam Jude has your Saturday practice report and the video of CK after practice is courtesy of KVAL. Adam noted some encouraging signs on the injury front:
Middle linebacker Michael Clay left practice in full pads and without a boot, which is a good indication that he's progressing from a lower left leg/ankle injury against Nevada. Kicker Rob Beard left practice in full pads, too.
• Lindsay Schnell was also present to ask questions after the team emerged from the Mo Center after practice and has this quote for DAT regarding the beginning of classes:
"I try to adapt to school like I adapt to football," said freshman De'Anthony Thomas. "It's like a business again now, we're doing school and football at the same time."
• OC Mark Helfrich returned to the practice field after the sudden passing of his father last week.
• LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner made a surprise visit to a Junction City football came Friday night as part of the "O Heroes" program.
• It was good to hear of Michael Clay's return to the practice field but there is no guarantee he will be ready for the Cal game. Dale Newton says his presence has been missed.
Someone is going to have come in and fill his shoes. It puts pressure on three guys to become playmakers in a hurry. Dewitt Stuckey, a fifth year senior who's waited for his chance, Kiko Alonso, the big, talented middle linebacker who's lost last season to disciplinary issues after a promising freshman year, and true freshman Rodney Hardrick, a few months removed from the senior prom and the hot lunch line in high school, now a principal reserve in the Oregon linebacker platoon, the role Clay played last year.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:08 AM