“What I saw this week was his best week ever,” [Nick] Aliotti said. “I don’t watch him every play like coach [John] Neal does, but I did notice a sense of urgency and a greater attention to detail. Without a doubt I really noticed that, which is good for him, and good for us.”
Can they count on him to keep it up? Only Harris can answer that, through his actions Saturday night in Arizona and beyond.
• Ted Miller asks "did you know" and has this regarding LMJ.
Oregon running back LaMichael James had two touchdown runs of 50-plus yards last week against Missouri State, continuing his success at breaking long runs. James now has 11 rushes of 50 yards or longer since the start of the 2009 season, the most by any FBS player. James also has 39 runs of 20-plus yards, also most among FBS players.
• David Lieberman has a good Q&A with Eric Dungy.
• Dale Newton believes there is a hidden danger posed by Arizona during a night game on the road and offers his keys to the game.
• BenzDuck brings you today in Duck history and includes some memorable photos with his story.
• Josh at FishDuck.com previews today's game and predicts a big Oregon victory.
• Prediction time. Rob Moseley has his prediction as well as some others from the media. Everyone picks Oregon but the margin of victory varies a great deal. Dale Newton predicts an Oregon victory 46-24. I like the Ducks by 10, winning 36-26.
• George Schroeder has a great story about how special a father-son relationship can be when you are both a fan of the same team.
What was the best, most fun part of our day at Autzen? Was it the new cap? The pizza?
“That 90-yard run by LaMichael James,” he reports. “That was just amazing.”
As James reached the end zone, the guy next to us turned and high-fived my son. Then my son turned to me, and put up his hand.
Years from now, who knows how much he will remember about Saturday. Could be, he’ll recall the Ducks won big. Perhaps he’ll remember LaMichael’s long run, and how the stadium exploded in the moment. Maybe he’ll remember our high-five.
I know I will.