Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley has your Tuesday practice update where he talks about the depth chart and provides comments on CK's teleconference. Video courtesy of KVAL.
• Aaron Fentress notes the Ducks are riding a swelling momentum going into Pac-12 play but will it be enough to overcome the Wildcats at home?
But in the grand scheme of things, the victories didn’t offer much in the way of gauging where the Ducks are as a team. The wins did, however, give Oregon a chance to address deficiencies exposed by LSU.
“We’ve gained a lot,” UO offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich said. “I think some of our young guys have gained some confidence. I think we’ve gained, just, our mojo back a little bit just in terms how we go about things.”
• Adam Jude wonders if David Paulson is worried about his lack of production the last two games.
• Jon Wilner reports the Pac-12 will not expand at this time. Good news IMO.
• Ted Miller has some interesting Pac-12 stats to review and Oregon makes the list is several categories.
• Lindsay Schnell reports Mike Stoops is a little worried about the Ducks' speed.
• GoDucks.com has the week 4 football release ready and it will give you everything you need to know regarding the match up with Arizona.
• Dale Newton wonders if it will be Duck Soup or a tasty helping of Wildcat stew?
Arizona is one of the toughest places in the conference to be the road team, particularly at night with a loud, vocal, enthusiastic and well-lubricated crowd...the best way to quiet them is to jump out to a lead and control the tempo of the game, A fast start and a couple of big plays, combined with a three and out or two, would be just the script for this Mike Stoops death watch melodrama...
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:44 AM