Saturday, September 17, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley has a little Q&A time with redshirt freshman center Hroniss Grasu.
“He’s done a great job out there, obviously gotten better,” sophomore defensive tackle Taylor Hart said. “He’s become that leader that the center needs to be, more confident. You can hear him making his point calls and stuff. He’s definitely developed more as a player.”
• Takimoto over at ATQ has the top ten things to look for to determine if Oregon is making progress.
• Ken Goe reports that Brandon Hanna and Carson York have been friends for almost forever.
• Ted Miller asks "did you know?" and has a couple pertaining to Oregon.
Oregon is a perfect 14-0 at home under head coach Chip Kelly. Missouri State has lost nine straight road games.
Oregon has outscored its last four FCS opponents by 186 points (212-26) including a 69-0 win over Portland State last season.
Ducks QB Darron Thomas has seven TD passes in the Ducks' first two games of the season (tied for most in FBS).
• Andy Mac advises the game today should have ideal conditions for fans in the stands.
• George Schroeder advises to get used to FCS teams during non-conference games.
• Josh at FishDuck.com has a Q&A with a Missouri St. blogger.
• Wade Evanson thinks they might be shooting a movie at Autzen today (sarcasm.)
• Lindsay Schnell has a prediction for the game today, a rout...79-0 Ducks.
• Dale Newton also like the Ducks 79-0.
This isn't a James Madison or Appalachian State looming for an upset. The Missouri State Bears, while brave for coming west to collect their pay day, are the dregs of the Missouri Valley conference. They don't have the depth or talent to beat a BCS team, let alone one of the best in the country.
• I like the Ducks winning by 50 and giving up fewer yards and points than they did last week.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:10 AM