Thursday, September 15, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley talked with CK after practice yesterday on preparations for the game against Missouri St.
• Ken Goe was also on hand after practice finished and has these notes.
I would be surprised if Barner, Huff or linebacker Michael Clay (left ankle) played Saturday when the No. 12 Ducks (1-1) entertain FCS Missouri State (0-2) at 12:30 p.m. in Autzen Stadium.
• Lindsay Schnell notes that Rahsaan Vaughn wants to be the next big receiver for Oregon.
When Oregon receivers coach Scott Frost first watched tape of Vaughn, he was struck by how hard the sophomore was practicing.
"Coach Frost said 'If you come up here and practice like this we can make something happen with you,'" Vaughn recalled.
• Looks like Kiko Alonso will see more action this week with Michael Clay presumably sidelined with an injury.
• Chip Kelly believes the best is yet to come for freshman TE Colt Lyerla.
• The playbook opened up against Nevada and probably will against Missouri St. this weekend.
• Dale Newton advises to be wary of Missouri St., they will be a formidable opponent.
• De'Anthony Thomas is making a splash on the football field and CK agrees.
This week, Kelly told reporters on the weekly Pac-12 coaches conference call that he’s impressed with his emerging star.
“Very talented young man,” Kelly said, “very smart football player.”
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:33 AM