Thursday, September 08, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks with reporters after practice yesterday, video courtesy of MaxWilliams247. Adam Jude also covered the closed practice inside Autzen and provides this quote from Nick Aliotti:
"I'm very impressed with Nevada's team, and I'm not saying that because I have to," Aliotti said. " ... I'm fired up. I'm telling you right now, I'm not as happy as I should be. ... We better be ready to play against one helluva football team."
• Ken Goe notes that the team practiced outside yesterday to get acclimated to the heat and provides other updates. Ken also predicts De'Anthony Thomas' role will get bigger as the season progresses.
“That guy is going to make way more plays than not,”[Mark] Helfrich said. “We believe in him 100 percent.”
Part of what makes [De'Anthony] Thomas so special is the speed with which he picked up Oregon’s system and adapted to the college level.
“I guess the best way to say it, he’s a one-timer,” Kelly said. “You explain things to him once, and he gets it.”
For all of the physical tools, it’s the mental acuity that sets Thomas apart.
• jtlight at ATQ looks for the Oregon offense to get its rythym back against the Wolf Pack.
• GoDucks.com has their weekly football release ready, and it will give you everything you need to know about the game this weekend.
• Rachel Bachman has a nice story on Scott Frost and his involvement in mentoring programs. (Must read.)
• Kurt Liedtke chronicles the 1958 Rose Bowl team and likens it to an Oregon team 37 years later.
• George Schroeder believes a change is coming to the current conference landscape, probably very soon.
• Andy Mac reports that the Missouri St. game will be televised on Comcast SportsNet Northwest.
Kickoff is set for 12:36 p.m. with former UO senior associate athletic director and broadcaster Joe Giansante making a cameo appearance on play-by-play. He'll be joined in the booth by analyst Anthony Newman while Jill Savage reports from the sidelines.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:48 AM