Wednesday, September 07, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley got a chance to talk with LaMichael James after practice yesterday and finds his comments interesting to say the least.
• Steve Summers and Rob Moseley break down CK's press conference yesterday afternoon. Video courtesy of KVAL.
• Rob also notes the "out of character loss" to LSU but the team did practice well in preparation for Nevada yesterday.
“We had a lot of guys just kind of playing out of character and out of sorts, things that we had never done before,” UO offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich said Monday. “You don’t know if that’s the moment or the opponent or what. But guys were great (Monday) in meetings — awesome recognition that we’ve got to clean this up and get more consistent.”
• Oregon fell in both the AP and USA Today (coaches) polls, 13th and 14th respectively.
• Ted Miller dropped the Ducks to second in the Pac-12 power rankings behind Stanford.
• There were rumors that Tennessee was going to back out of their commitment to play Oregon in 2013 but that rumor was quenched by Aaron Fentress, at least for the time being.
• Dale Newton will be looking for a few signs that the Ducks are back on the right track against Nevada.
Both the preseason optimism and the post-LSU gloom were exaggerated. This Saturday in Autzen the Ducks have to get back to work, and show themselves what kind of football team they want to be in 2011. Expect positive signs and improvement. Their history has shown this is a group that responds beautifully to a setback.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:44 AM